1066 hydraulic and power steering problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1066 hydraulic and power steering problems

Stan Sojka I have a 1973 1066 with small loader, in cold weather power steering and hydraulics get slow at 32 degrees but eventually get better. At 0 degrees tractor starts fine but no hydraulics,pto or power steering hydraulics, power steering and pto ever. I have changed the transmission filter and oil, It didn't look to bad. Recently when I work it for an hour in warm weather I lose everything also. If I shut it down for about 10 minutes I can get another hour of work out of it. Almost sounds like it belongs to a labor union or something. I am a pork farmer who had to get off farm employment to pay bills. If repair is to hefty I might end up being a fulltime off farm farmer. Are there any suggestions that might keep me in the farrowing shed? Thanks displaced pork producer
MGS That's interesting. The steering, hydraulics and PTO are 3 completely separate systems. They use the same oil but are otherwise independent.

They do share a common driveshaft. Is there a squealing noise associated with the failure? It is possible that the pressure plate drive spline is slipping, but I've never seen one that slipped only sometimes. Usually the spline is either stripped or it isn't. If that is the cause, the only fix is to split the tractor and replace the pressure plate and splined input shaft. Of course while you're there you should, at a minimum, replace the clutch disc and turn the flywheel. It's also a good time to replace the rear main seal.

tim Check your hydralic pressures, The MCV pump and the pto pressures would be the best place to start.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: