606 International Hard Starting

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

606 International Hard Starting

Joe A Johnson Engine has been rebuilt.Head reworked.Injector pump rebuilt and injectors checked for spray pattern. I've got the glow plugs working and I still have to give it a wiff of starting fluid to get it going. I have checked timing and valve adjustment. Still a little hard to start after it has warmed up.I don't have any visible fuel leaks. Any ideas???
Holz I would take another look at the timing, it may appear to be ok but the timing gears may be one tooth off during assembly of the engine. I have seen this happen before, and the only way to be sure is to remove the timing gear cover in front. Frank, Holz Equipment Service
mgs When they reworked the head, did they check the valve recess? I have seen situations where the valve seats were ground and the valves sit lower in the head. This can cause a slight decrease in the compression ratio. Lower compression will make it start harder. If the head is thick enough you can plane a bit off to reduce the valve recess.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: