PTO will not engage on Int. 364

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO will not engage on Int. 364

Kevin Went today and done a little brush hogging. As I was coming in, I saw a little patch I had left and stopped the tractor. Held in the clutch, and tried to engage the PTO. As usual there is some resistance while trying to put the lever in place, but this time as I tried to put the lever in the correct position, I could tell it was in a bind, then the resistance went away. I didn't hear a pop, but I did hear something and/or felt something. When this happened, the tractor was at an idle, the tractor is getting old and the clutch is just about gone, so there is always some resistance while engaging the PTO. But it seems like it just didn't want to go this time. After this, the PTO never turned afterwards. Now, the lever freely moves back and forth and nothing happens. You can turn the PTO freely and there is no friction on the PTO. If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it greatly. The tractor is almost 30yrs old and this is the first problem ever. How would I even tear into the tractor to look for the problem? Do I take the lever and the plate holding it in, out? Or do I have to take the hydrolic section off the top, and go in that way? Thanks for any replys or ideas

Kevin

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: