farmall A with belly mower, price, do buy, don't buy HELP

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

farmall A with belly mower, price, do buy, don't buy HELP

S Shields I have found a farmall a with belly mower 5' cut not a woods the acual name exscapes me it was made in missouri and was green in color. Anyway the guy wants 1052.00 dollars for it. It has not run in over a year but is inside and still free. The mower is mounted sorta wierd with the tractor not having hydralics but it seem to be a good old finish mower thats tight abd in good shape over all. The tractor is tight in the front end and looks to have maybe had the engine replaced with a stationary engine. The oil gauge looks the wrong direction to have ever been seen from the seat and the guy claimed it was rebuilt 7 years ago when he bought it. Tire in rear are fair but one rim will need sectioned out around the valve stem due to rust. Needs fluid removed from tires. The tin is fairly straight but has slept outside eneogh to be more pink than red. I don't think it is pitted at all like the last paint job might have been over good clean metal. I have it home on a trial basis as I know the gent who own it and we pulled it and got it to run. Gears seem quiet and motor runs strong no smoke or noise good oil pressure. Now the dumb question what these things bringing typical condition. I tried to describe it the best I could. My interest is to use it like a giant riding lawn mower to keep my 2 plus acres mowed. I don't think my craftman is going to keep up the pace very long as the yard, note not lawn yard is rough and its just shaking that five year old mower to pieces. Is this a good choice for a beginner. Is the price fair. Any concerns or problems with these I should be aware of. I am reasonably mechanically inclined but no nothing about red paint. Help
J41M GO FOR IT!I would fix whatever problem you have to get it to run without pulling,but sounds like a good deal.You should really find out about the mower,you WILL need parts one day!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: