Farmall H - Loud Tapping when Clutch released

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall H - Loud Tapping when Clutch released

Troy Ulmer Engine runs fine with clutch in, when I release it 'something' starts banging around in the transmission area. This happens if its in gear or not. I noticed that there are two hydralic pipes below the rod that goes from the clutch pedal, they move in and out with the banging.

dr53054 Sounds like the Hydraulic pump to me.
Troy Ulmer That makes sense to me, especially since the movement I saw was on the hydraulic ends.

Is it externally accessible???

Is it needed if no hydraulics are used???

Help

dr53054 It's an internal pump. If you don't use the hydraulics it's not needed but you will have to tear down the tractor to access it. ( I believe)
J41M If the pipes are shaking back and forth,then you have something loose.Check the 4 bolts that hold the belly pumpin place.If yopu dont need the pump,simply remove the pipes and the 4 boltds and ittl fall out.BE CAREFUL!Its quite heavy.You dont need to plit the tractor to do that!
Troy Ulmer Sounds good. Is the belly pump the bump under the pipes that looks like an oil pan?

J41M Thats it!
Troy Ulmer Problem. I removed the 4 bolts and the side pipes and it didn't fall. There is a fill pipe that sticks up, I removed the cap and stick but I think the pipe itself is keeping it from falling. Should I cut the pipe. Will it fall if I do. HELP.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: