IH 260A with D239 engine

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 260A with D239 engine

Wolfgang I bought a diesel backhoe...good price, incredible power. Pulls stumps, runs great. Question: what do I have? Seller said it was a 239 engine. Backhoe says 3142. The boom drops slowly...leaky valve? Any information/manuals would be helpful. Tractor has forward/reverse shift lever, three speeds, two ranges. Brakes seem spongy...where are the bleeders? Thanks.
Tom Hi, I have that same backhoe with the D239 diesel!
Bought it on eBay all in parts! Have just finished putting the motor back together and am stumped on some of the wiring. I'm looking for someone to e-mail me a few digital photos of the left side of the motor so I can visualize the wiring hookups. I'm confused. You say you have a 260A but that it's a 3142! I don't know what a 3142 is!
Tom in N. California

derrick oliver the 3142 refers to the type of digger unit on the rear of the tractor if i'm not mistaken.
Rick What did you pay for your 260A? Does it have a front loader?
Ed Byrd I have a 260A I bought new w/D239 and have all manuals. I'm looking for new sleeves as I'm bi-passing at the sleeve seals It still runs great but will overheat so I don't operate now. ED
ed In case Wolfgang didnt answer the 3141 is the model of the backhoe attached to the 260A. I might be able to help as I have a 260A since new. Right now I'm planning to rebuild the engine (D239) did you find a good source for parts or rebuild kit? Thanks Ed
ed I need to rebuild my D239 engine (260A) Do you have a good source for kit?
Gary I also have a 260A with a D239 its running but needs a shot to get started after that she runs good I have the wiring diagram if you need it email me I am rebuilding the 2142 backhoe now it was in tough shape. email garyc2ri@hotmail.com
Bryan Check out the following;

agkits.com

they have all the parts you could need to rbuild this D239...and at a reasonable price.

Ed Byrd Wolfgang, about 6-8 weeks ago I sold my 260A. I had all the books which went with the tractor. Ed
Dave Popowski I have a 260a -rear backhoe has no power on swing if there is the slightest drag.have parts book with numbers, can't find dealer with o-rings. leaks oil from main shaft.also looking for seat cushions and decals.
Dave-connecticut

John Hello . I have a 250a with a d239. I am trying to find a used Bosch injector pump, would anyone know wher i could find one. thank you

john

bufferde Does anyone know what other international equipment used the D239 engine? Mine has a broken block. thanks
Robert I have an IH Payhoe 260A backhoe that I believe has a D239 diesel engine. I put a new oil gauge on it. It starts out at 35lbs pressure and slowly drops to below 5lbs at idle once it warms up. It will hold above 5lbs above idle. I've been told it's mostlikely the oil pump or bearings.
Anyone have a recommendation where I need to start looking and any methods for testing before I start taking things apart.
Robert

Dave Schofield Do you have a rebuilt or used engine or know where I might find one.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: