IH Hough Payloader, model 50

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH Hough Payloader, model 50

Paul Hamer I'm looking at a model 50, IH Hough payloader for sale. It seems in good condition except for a couple areas.
The biggest concern is that there appears to be a little engine oil in the very top of the radiator (black, just like the engine oil dipstick). It's not a lot, but enough to get your attention. This is a 6 cyl IH gas engine. Did these all have oil coolers and would this be a source of the oil and how concerned should I be (is this a wet sleeve engine about to take a dump).
Also the flapper on the top of the vertical exhaust stack is missing and would water be getting into the valves or engine. This Hough has a 1 1/2 yard bucket with new cutting edge, 3 new tires and priced at $5K, seems reasonable for a decent running machine, but I would appreciate input.
I also would like to know what the hp ratng is for this engine and any weak areas to check on the machine overall.

thanks in advance.
Paul Hamer
Blair, NE

skip The gas engine is not sleeved,the diesel version of this eng[ud282]is dry sleeved. Both gas + diesel have oil cooler [this is probably the cause of oil in radiator].I own a H50 diesel;had it for about 13 years and its been a very good machine.HP is approx 100.
Steven Caulkins I also own a H50 loader with a G301 gas engine,(same a a IH806 gar farm tractor) can anyone out there tell me if an diesel engine from a IH806 or IH856 would bolt right in. I'm thinking that if both those farm tractor ran that same gas engine the diesel should bolt up.

Steve Caulkins
Hector, MN

bill yes no problem.

Ken Corkum I bought a 50 in 1989 for 5k and it has been an old faithful, the old hercules 6 has been little trouble. The oil sounds suspiscious, mine has NO oil cooler! Dunno ab't yours?!?!
The only plague of these machines is the Rear steer power steering (mine has a seperate pump , runs off the front of motor off a pulley inboard of the main pump. Beware of wear on the 2-piece pulley, you'll never find one, had to have one made once for mega bucks! Other than that, a real digger!

mike becker I have a 50 for sale it rnns needs carb rebuilt and gas tank cleaned out.tires are 40% hydrolics are very strong . rebuild ,or complete parts machine.
brian carnaghi looking for flywheel for H-50 w/301 gas engine or one for parts

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: