International 674 fuel problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

International 674 fuel problem

Jim Irwin I have an International 674, gas tractor. I recently bought it. I started mowing pasture and after about an hour it quits like it is out of gas. If you wait a bit it will start back up, but only run for maybe 5 minutes. I changed the fuel transfer pump, my lines seem to be clear, I blew air through them. Do they have a problem with vapor locking like cars in the summer?
Thanks
Jim

Brian Seal I'm surfing around trying to find a solution to
my problem and it sounds exactly like yours. Did
you ever get your problem figured out?

I have an International 444 gas tractor. It cuts
out a few times like it's running out of gas, then
stops altogether. Cooling it off brings it back.

Today I'm replacing the fuel-cutoff solenoid on
the carb. I'm trying to figure out what the fuel
pressure (from the electric pump)is supposed to
be. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

-- Brian

don brescia same problem with fuel starvation, just happened to me last week, and now searching for cause
Verna Did anyone figure out how to fix your problem? I am having the same problem with my tractor. I can brush hog all day long one day and then the next I'll be out for about an hour and then it slows down, speeds up, sputters, backfires and then stalls. I'll wait a few minutes and then it'll start back up again but only for about 5 minutes.

Verna Did anyone figure out how to fix your problem? I am having the same problem with my tractor. I can brush hog all day long one day and then the next I'll be out for about an hour and then it slows down, speeds up, sputters, backfires and then stalls. I'll wait a few minutes and then it'll start back up again but only for about 5 minutes.

hayboys I had that problem with a MF 135 while mowing took the gauze fuel filter out of the tank and cleaned it went good after that
Billy Same problem with 674. Any help would be great. I'm a decent mechanic, but this has got me stumped.
Michael Ramig I had the same problem. I flushed out the tanks and found both rust and bugs. fixed the problem.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: