Farmall M clutch replacement--HELP!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall M clutch replacement--HELP!

Mike House I split my M today and replaced the clutch plate and throwout bearing. I was sure I did everything right, but when I put it back together, the throwout bearing won't reach the "fingers" that disengage the clutch no matter how much I adjust it. Right now I have it split apart again in the yard. Could someone PLEASE straighten me out on what I've done wrong? Thank you, Mike
J First off you didnt have to split it to do that,just drop the pump.(Although it seems to be just as easy to split,Ive never done that though).Assuming that you put everything back together right,you may need to adjust the linkage from the pedal to the the shaft that moves the peice that forces the throwout bearing into the pressure plate.You may also need to adjust the fingers on the presure plate.
Art My suninlaws father in lay is in the buisness.
He says try turning the throw out bearing around.

Dave My dad n i are having trouble whith out clutch its not disengaging, We have to push on the clutch pedal really hard and it still grinds when going into gear,and when in gear n the clutch pedal all the way down it still wants to creap forward, could you possibly help me adjust the clutch somehow, Thanks.
Charles I am having the same problem with the clutch not disengaging. Adjusting the clutch did not repair the problem with disengaging. What was the repair to correct the cluth? I have an M Farmall. Do we need to split the tractor to repair (replace) the existing clutch? Thanks.
Balta Perez I'd like to know the steps In replacing the clutch on a Famrall M tractor and how to adjust it..

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: