Siezed engine on H -Farmall

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Siezed engine on H -Farmall

Dan Nestorak I just went to start up my old H yesterday and discovered after a year of sitting idle in her shed I've got what looks like a rust build up in the front cylinder . I was wondering if anyone has had any succes with a simmular situation short of tearing into the engine it self . Any succes ,or horror stories ,and or suggestions appreciated . Thanks Dan
J Depends on how bad the rust is.If its flaking may be time for a rebuild,just a little surface rust,dont worry about.Curious,why did you take the plugs out,just cleaning or something?
Jim Karr You may want to try squirting a generous amount of automatic transmission fluid into the spark plug hole. This may loosen up the crust, may help drive out any existing moisture, and may also loosen the piston rings if they have also seized up in their grooves on the piston. It is possible to buy just ONE sleeve, piston and ring set, but you still have a whole bunch of work to do to replace just that one. Good luck.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: