IH766 Hiniker cab wiring

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

IH766 Hiniker cab wiring

jack In response to Tom's follow up. I had already put a 12 gauge wire on the selinoid (where the battery cable connects to) and ran that to the cab fuse block. No power at all. Then I found a wire that connected to a screw on the fuse block (right side) and it ran down the right front post of the cab. It was disconnected. So I connected it to the tractor frame, as a ground wire. I took the 12 gauge wire and connected it to the screw on the left side of the fuse block. Sparks flew and the wire got hot to the touch. I removed it. That's where I'm at now. Still no power.
Tom It is hard to troubleshoot a problem like this. The wire that ran down the cab post that caused the spark was probably not a ground wire. I doubt a ground would run down the post. Either connecting the wire you ran or the one already in the post (not at the sme time) to the fuse panel should give you power at the fuse panel. Use a test light between the fuse block and a spot on the cab (ground) to follow where your power is.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: