SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

keep \ing it running

pops40H my 1940 H will start and run fine, for a little bit. Then it acts like it runs out of gas. I have tried to remove the inline fuel filter, I have cleaned and used Red-Kote on the tank.
It seems to die quicker if it's under a load. I have yet to rebuild the carb. It seems to smooth out a little if you mess with the choke. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ponymare You need to remove and replace the filter, make sure you have a good stream of gas from the sediment bowl. There may be a small filter in the fitting at the carb, if so, change or clean it. That may be the problem, if not, then remove and clean the carb.
pops40h Okay, thanks I'll give it a try,
bill soper i just replaced the head gasket kept it all cleaned , replace oil pan gasket and filter ,and water pump, runs great, then it stalled and now i have no spark, i replaced the coil 12 vt, new rotor and cap, new plugs, i have nothing for spark, this tractor starts on second rollover , at a point where i dont know why i dont have spark

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: