SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 240 hydralics

steve phillips 1958 IH 240 hydralic problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a IH 240 that sat for 2 years and the hyd fluid leaked out from the cylinder in the back. Before sitting for 2 years the lift was very strong although it did leak a little at the back cylinder. Now the lift will not operate , the back cylinder is in the raised extended position. I have added more hyd fluid and worked the lever back and forth , I have also tried this is a downhill position -- no movement . I read in the operators manual about a control valve pin to switch from single or double action
I was told it sounds like it got switched to the single action? I cannot find this on the tractor , I see it in the oper man photos but no luck on the tractor . Any help finding this would be most helpful or any other ideas to bring this lift back to life.

thank Judesson
judesson is online now Report Post

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: