SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

784 Engine

Davelg I have an International 784, not sure on the engine possibly a D-246, I have a rattle like sound coming from the lower front end of the engine,(there's 4 gears behind the cover) hard to tell if this is where the noise is coming from, that is the reason I am asking for any help I can get
Thanks for any help,
David

Bill burge A common fault ive found when ive taken off the sump of these engines is worn bearings on the idler gear in the oil pump drive, that gear can be pretty slack, and i have seen totally failed bearings, easy enough to fit new.
Its also possible that pump drive has totally failed and you didnt know it as oil pressure senders are often not working, so you have no red low pressure warning light on dash.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: