SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4th gear

RbarD I hava 1945 H farmall that jumps out of 4th gear.What all will I need to buy to fix this problem ?
ponymare Buying anything before you look into the trans, and find out whats wrong, will be a waste of money. Drain the trans and look for broken gear pieces and pieces from bearings in the drain pan. Pull the top, use a long magnet, and try to fish out above mentioned pieces. Then just look and move things around, it might be a broken detent spring, or bent shifter.
RbarD Ok thank you for your input, I'll look for parts and pieces first.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: