SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

international 1086 question

Mike Cain I am looking at a international 1086 for sale. The owner thinks it needs a new torque amplifier due to poor steering and braking. Could it just be the pump? How can I tell? Thanks Mike
ponymare The Ta has nothing to do with the steering and brakes.
4240 turbo I don't know how you tell but I do know my 1066 runs all summer with no problem but last 3 years no steering or brakes when started after 1 or 2 weeks or months. Leave it idle 5-30 min and it will work. Dealer told me if parked down hill may help(pump is in deeper oil). The oil leaks I have on the valve body on left side of trans could cause this & if I keep doing what I am doing the pump will fail. I thank you should allow for the cost of pump replacement if buying.
kurt tyberg just bought a 1086 and cant get the ta lever to move at all its in the low position just wondering if its the cable or might be more serious?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: