SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 454 Gas - Altenator wiring, DIODE location?

Ken Carpenter Had to replace the altenator on IH454 gas with integral voltage regulator. Electrical diagram shows yellow wire from altenator to "diode assembly", then light green wire up to ignition switch (junction box for warning lights). Problem is previous owner spray painted everything "red" so hard to trace/find.

Anyone know where this diode assembly is located, should be, etc.?..Just want to make sure the wiring is correct before I fire it up. Thanks !

ponymare What type alternator, and the wires under the dash should still be orig color. At other places spray some carb cleaner on them, and wipe off the red pain, the instructions may be talking about the diode that keeps the current from feeding back to the alt. when the switch is off.
Tom Anschutz Hi Ken,
The diode is far from the alternator. You can find it zip-tied to the wiring harness where it splits just above the clutch pedal. It looks like a large clumsy connector. Beware, the diode is pretty fragile. Mine fell apart when I tried to move it to a replacement wiring harness.
Tom

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: