SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 444 with a C-153 engine

Chuck I'm trying to figure out the cylinder numbering. Is it 1 to 4 from front to back. Also the distributor number. I can see the marking for one, but does it count clockwise or counter-clockwise. So I can hook-up spark plug wires.
MGS Yes, front to back. Most distributors are clockwise when looking at the rotor. Firing order is 1-3-4-2. You can test the rotation direction by watching the rotor and bumping the starter.
ponymare #1 cyl is at the front of the engine, to find out how to place the plug wires correctly, remove the dist cap, turn the engine clockwise, standing in front of it, and watch which way the dist rotor turns.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: