SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

I/H 140 Tractor bearing removal

Robert McCarthy I Have an IH Farmall 140 (1969). The right rear wheel is locking up in both forward and reverse. I removed the Rear Wheel and what appears to be an axel bearing access because noise was emitting from there when I would move the wheel. I removed 2 retaining rings from the totally destroyed bearing race. I cannot remove the bearing (why). Please help. The bearing was dry should I add gear oil and how much gear oil
is required to fill the tractor. Shoulh the bearing be dry or lubed.
E-mail = .
Thanks
Robert G McCarthy

Bob McCarthy I spelled the word Should incorrectly I ended it with a "h" wnen it should have been a "d".

Thanks

John M Im nt familiar enough with your 140 to tell you about removing the bearing, but it should have so sort of lube, most likely gear oil.
Butch That just shows your human like the rest of us.
If anyone ever complains about someone's spelling on here they need to find something better to do with their time.
Maybe take up knitting or get some cats.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: