3414 Backhoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

3414 Backhoe

Ken I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)
Currently I have a Clutch which will not disengage when depressed. (To my knowledge its the orginal clutch as I am 2nd owner)
I have tried to get this assembly to release by extending the outriggers and then alternating the clutch pedal and brake with the wheel rotating with no luck.
I stopped at a Case dealership (x-International dealer) and was told I need to remove the Hoe assembly to get to the clutch. Is this the case or can I get to it by removing the front weights, hood, engine etc???
Anyone with past experience, suggestions to replace this clutch would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Ken (kmcguire@salsgiver.com)

C.B.(MO) : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)
: Currently I have a Clutch which will not disengage when depressed. (To my knowledge its the orginal clutch as I am 2nd owner)
: I have tried to get this assembly to release by extending the outriggers and then alternating the clutch pedal and brake with the wheel rotating with no luck.
: I stopped at a Case dealership (x-International dealer) and was told I need to remove the Hoe assembly to get to the clutch. Is this the case or can I get to it by removing the front weights, hood, engine etc???
: Anyone with past experience, suggestions to replace this clutch would be greatly appreciated.
: Thanks in advance.

: Ken (kmcguire@salsgiver.com)

I've got a gas 3414 with 3120 also. when you push down on the clutch pedal is there resistance, like is supposed to be. if do is possible that the clutch disk is just stuck,rusted to flywheel.if pedal is wimpy the pressure plate is probably tweeked. if I was going to change the clutch I would sure try to go into it from the front if at all possible.the back hoe is very hard to handle when it's off the tractor.if you have a fair size loader to lift the hoe with might not be soo bad. remember to post reply as to how it goes . good luck

C.B.(MO) : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)
: Currently I have a Clutch which will not disengage when depressed. (To my knowledge its the orginal clutch as I am 2nd owner)
: I have tried to get this assembly to release by extending the outriggers and then alternating the clutch pedal and brake with the wheel rotating with no luck.
: I stopped at a Case dealership (x-International dealer) and was told I need to remove the Hoe assembly to get to the clutch. Is this the case or can I get to it by removing the front weights, hood, engine etc???
: Anyone with past experience, suggestions to replace this clutch would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a gas 3414 with 3120 also. when you push down on the clutch pedal is there resistance, like is supposed to be. if do is possible that the clutch disk is just stuck,rusted to flywheel.if pedal is wimpy the pressure plate is probably tweeked. if I was going to change the clutch I would sure try to go into it from the front if at all possible.the back hoe is very hard to handle when it's off the tractor.if you have a fair size loader to lift the hoe with might not be soo bad. remember to post reply as to how it goes . good luck
chrisnbeckybrown@missvalley.com

John W. McClain Hello, I have a 1963 3414 with a 3120 Backhoe, I let it sit for a long time and when I started it up the clutch was stuck, I have also had cars & trucks do the same. what I usually do is start it in the lowest gear possible& push the clutch down and drive it until it breaks loose, this didnot work with the 3414,so I started It in gear and drove it into a large tree several times & it finally broke loose. Needless to say that after that when I shut it off now I cut a 2X4 long enough to hold the clutch depressed
Greg : : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)
: : Currently I have a Clutch which will not disengage when depressed. (To my knowledge its the orginal clutch as I am 2nd owner)
: : I have tried to get this assembly to release by extending the outriggers and then alternating the clutch pedal and brake with the wheel rotating with no luck.
: : I stopped at a Case dealership (x-International dealer) and was told I need to remove the Hoe assembly to get to the clutch. Is this the case or can I get to it by removing the front weights, hood, engine etc???
: : Anyone with past experience, suggestions to replace this clutch would be greatly appreciated.
: : Thanks in advance.

: : Ken (kmcguire@salsgiver.com)

: I've got a gas 3414 with 3120 also. when you push down on the clutch pedal is there resistance, like is supposed to be. if do is possible that the clutch disk is just stuck,rusted to flywheel.if pedal is wimpy the pressure plate is probably tweeked. if I was going to change the clutch I would sure try to go into it from the front if at all possible.the back hoe is very hard to handle when it's off the tractor.if you have a fair size loader to lift the hoe with might not be soo bad. remember to post reply as to how it goes . good luck

Greg : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)

Hi Ken,
I have a 3414 as well. Previous owner had the clutch disk rust to the flywheel (after sitting long time)as well. He did not remove the Backhoe to gain access. I will ask when I see him, just how he did it. Let me know if you have not already resolved it.
Regards, Greg (gregs@nbnet.nb.ca)

Greg Chandler I have a 3414 that had the same problem after sitting for a number of months. I tried the tree stump technique but it didn't work. I removed the access cover to the clutch, and with the clutch pedal depressed, tapped the disc assembly using a pin punch. I think the disc rusts to the pressure plate when it sits too long so I also keep the clutch depressed with a short piece of wood when I'm not using it. It's kind of tricky finding the disc with the pin punch. From rear to front is the clutch cover, then the pressure plate, then the disc.
Good Luck

Ross : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)

ken : : I have a 1965 3414 industrial tractor with a 3120 backhoe that I have owned since 1980.(oldie by goodie)
: : Currently I have a Clutch which will not disengage when depressed. (To my knowledge its the orginal clutch as I am 2nd owner)
: : I have tried to get this assembly to release by extending the outriggers and then alternating the clutch pedal and brake with the wheel rotating with no luck.
: : I stopped at a Case dealership (x-International dealer) and was told I need to remove the Hoe assembly to get to the clutch. Is this the case or can I get to it by removing the front weights, hood, engine etc???
: : Anyone with past experience, suggestions to replace this clutch would be greatly appreciated.
: : Thanks in advance.

: : Ken (kmcguire@salsgiver.com)

i have had both 3414 and 3444 international machines and have taken the engine out of both the easiest way by far is from the front and to make the job simple is to cut the frame and have it re welded back together ps sometimes if it is just stuck to the flywheel rocking the machine with some force will work

Jim Don't cut the frame! Get a manual; the tractor will split without removing the hoe but you must take the weight off so the the rear can be braced level while you roll the front forward.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: