SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case IH 254 Clunking in 4WD, right front tire locks up in 2WD

Dave My Case IH 254 tractor started making a clunking noise in 4WD last night, it is repsonsive to RPMs, so I believe it is something in the drivetrain. I took it out of 4WD, and the right front tire will make a revolution and then want to lock up. If I reveresed, it would go a revolution in reverse and then stick in the same spot. I think something is binding in the transfer case, but not sure where to check things out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dave Friedline I had the same prob. It was teeth broke off pinion gear. Messick Equipment can hook you up with any parts really nice people to deal with.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):