TA ADJUSTMENT

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

TA ADJUSTMENT

BURT HAVE AN 300 AND AN M BOTH THE TA,S ARE SLIPING I HOPE AN ADJUSTMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS BUT DONT KNOW HOW CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW THANKS
Mike Adjust the main clutch first. About an inch of free travel is good. Then adjust the TA lever for some free travel, don't remember how much, just make sure there is some. Then adjust the linkage between the two so that the TA disengages in the last third of the clutch pedal travel.

If the TA is slipping so that the tractor comes to a stop, adjusment won't help. The TA clutch drives the direct drive. The "low" speed is driven by an overrunning clutch that shouldn't slip so if the TA clutch slips, you still have "low" to keep the tractor moving.

: HAVE AN 300 AND AN M BOTH THE TA,S ARE SLIPING I HOPE AN ADJUSTMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS BUT DONT KNOW HOW CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW THANKS

Red Rider : HAVE AN 300 AND AN M BOTH THE TA,S ARE SLIPING I HOPE AN ADJUSTMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS BUT DONT KNOW HOW CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW THANKS

Red Rider : HAVE AN 300 AND AN M BOTH THE TA,S ARE SLIPING I HOPE AN ADJUSTMENT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THIS BUT DONT KNOW HOW CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW THANKS

Burt, This how the TA works. When your TA lever is in the forward position your tractor is in high range, your TA clutch is ingaged and the TA planatery gear carrier rotates as a single unit. When you pull the TA lever back you are disengaging the TA allowing the rotating torque to go through the planatery gear reduction set. The overrun clutch as it is called is what stops the planatery carrier from rotating backwards which would allow your tractor to just stop. This is what happens if your tractor will not move in low range (TA lever pulled back). With much use the ramp and roller lockup (overrun
clutch) didn't have a very long life. There is a new heavy duty sprague overrun clutch set up that will last a very long time. I have 3 tractors that I have replace the ramp and roller set up with the spraque set up and they all work very well. That the whole Idea of having the TA is being able to use it as often as you want. I pull a sub soiler with my 400 Diesel and will run it all day 2nd gear low range with no problem what so ever. Hope this helps

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: