SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

300 utility

Scott Stolt 300 utility hydraulics are slow I cleaned the screen and still are slow. Could use some advice.
Scott

jim By screen do you mean you took the large cover off under the seat that is the suction screen or do you mean the orfice screen in the regulator valve. If you cleaned the main screen and have good hydraulic fluid I would make sure you don't have a restriction in one of your couplers. That is quite common. If they are restricting you will hear engine laboring when trying to lift with system. If pump is shot you will not notice much load on tractor engine as you use hydraulics. The only real way to know if pump is bad it to use a flow rater. That pump should be a 9 gpm so free flow should be close to that and flow under pressure of about 250 psi below max relief valve pressure (which should be about 1200 psi) with warmed up oil should be about 75 per cent of free flow. Pumps are very expensive for that model so time spent trouble shooting is well worth while. I am assuming you are using the regular live pump in front of distributor and not a pto pump or one in front of engine front pulley.
Scott Stolt The pump is front engine pump. Yes I cleaned the screen under the seat. Thanks Jim any more info.
Thanks Scott

jim If you have the front engine pulley mounted pump it is a 16 gpm pump. Same test procedure.
Scott Stolt I looked at all couplers. Still slow anybody know how much those front pumps are?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: