SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

464 International fuel issue

Rod L Hello,

I've tried everything with my 464 International.It runs like a top as long as it gets fuel. This tractor had Pine Tree seeds in the gas tank, as well as rust lines in the gas tank when I bought it. I replaced the tank. I also replaced the fuel pump twice, (thanks NAPA). The carburetor is rebuilt. The steel lines removed, flushed and replaced. The few inches of rubber fuel line replaced.

Bottom line, it still can't get the fuel to the carburetor fast enough. 1500 rpm is the threshold. Run it harder, it will eventually run out of fuel and stop. When it stops, give it thirty seconds to a minute, the lines fill up, and it runs till it outpaces fuel delivery.

This problem I have fought since I acquired it, (that's why it was such a deal). I'm wondering if an electric fuel pump may help. Never had experience with one. Looking for thoughts and how to find the correct one. As well as install. What does one do with the original?

Baffled, just looking for answers.

Rod L
Greenacres, WA

Mark should not have to replace with an elecric fuel pump,something else is wrong. Sounds like your mechanical fuel pump is working extra hard and getting premature failure.The short rubber line you mentioned;is it on the suction side of fuel pump?And is it collapsing making the fuel pump work extra hard trying too suck the fuel wich it isn;t getting because the rubber line is callapsing or collapsed.Thats what it sounds like too me.Something too look at for starters.
Mark Also forgot to mention,if you replaced all the fuel line;is it the right size that was originally on there before you even replaced.You mite need one size up in fuel line size if every thing normal is ok.If line is too small on any gas engine it will starve for fuel at hi rpm's
john Rod, what was the Napa part # please.
thanks

mike graham HOW LONG DOES IT RUN BEFORE THIS HAPPENS? HAVE YOU TRIED RUNNING IT WITHOUT THE FUEL CAP? POSSIBLE THAT THE VENT IN THE CAP IS PLUGGED CAUSING IT TO CREATE A SUCTION. JUST A WILD THOUGHT.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: