SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall H Hyd. oil spraying out of filler cap vent

Jeffrey A. Radley When I lower my snow bucket after a couple of seconds it will start spraying Hyd oil out of the vent on the filler cap. Is there a check ball in the pump that should stop this? I have a new idea double extend rams #50, would there be too much oil in the system? When plowing, as soon as the bucket hits the ground I bring the control rod back to the pin and it dosen't spray.
jim No, there is no check valve. You have air in your cyl that compresses when you raise loader and then expands when loader is down. There should be a bleeder in each stage of the cyl if I am remembering correctly. Some times it is difficult to get all the air out of them. On another note, a lot of one way cylinders are to be stored up side down when taken off so as the air will rise to the hose end.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: