SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall B

Brad Just got a farmall B and was wondering where the serial number plate is on it. i have looked and can not find it. i am kinda new to farmall so i am sure there will be other questions to come. thanks for all you help.
Mark engine serial # is stamped on side of engine crankcase,(engine block) Tractor serial # plate is on the seat bracket.
Brad ok i did hear that there was a number on the engine but i also heard that on the early B's the tractor serial # plate was on the left brake linkage cover. there is no cover that covers the left brake linkage on this one and there is no plate or even holes on the seat bracket. i am thinking that this is a 39 or 40. it has a coil spring as the seat spring not the leaf type that i have seen. i have see a couple pictures of 39's that had the coil spring. so i am still trying to find out what year it is i will try to post a picture and maybe someone can tell that way.
John M The serial number plate is on the left inside seat support as if siitting on the tractor, not the brake cover.There was only one seat type from IH, anything else is aftermarket or farmerized, period. The egnine serial number may be the same, may not be. it is a staped number, not raised, and should be on a flat surface below the #1 spark plug.Other than the numbers, there are casting codes that are like 1*19*J with the *s appeareing to be screw heads. This will be close to the year model as you can get without any serail numbers.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: