SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1466 International

Jerry Can some one walk me through the steps to adjust a clutck on this model of tractor.
jim First off, there are three different clutch pedals available on a 1466. The original you give about 7/8th at pedal, next one 11/16 and hydralic one 9/16th from pedal to platform. That being said, you can always give it 1/16th to 1/8th inch clearance at the release bearing to clutch fingers them selves. I just measure about 3/16th at the lever where it goes into the clutch housing and that will take care of all . Then you adjust the dump valve by watching transmission red lamp, it should go on when depressing clutch, engine running, and when in gear and engaging clutch it should go out just ahead of the main clutch engaging so ta is filled prior to tractor movement. Then the transmission brake, with clutch pedal fully down adjust link to just where you can install the pin, then lengthen from a half turn to one and a half turns depending on how well it stops gears from grinding, least amout of pressure makes for easier shifting out of gear. You may want to tweak that dump valve a little further but this will get you close.
michael mckee can some one tell me what would cause diesel to get in the oil on a 1466

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: