SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

International 300 Utility Hydraulic system

Dan I got this tractor last fall, it's a great tractor. When I shut it off last winter all worked great. When I started it up last week the hydraulic s didn't work. Hard to beleave the pump went out over the winter. Is there a filter in the system and could it be collapsed or plugged. And where is it???
mike There is a screen in the resevour under the seat. Is the level correct? Maybe you lost prime, some get flow going again using some air pressure ti the fill plug.
Dan Terry I have just ordered the operators manual for this tractor. I need to drain the hydraulic fluid out of the resevoir and can not find a drain plug, or do I just disconnect a line. Also the metal screen or filter under the seat. Where do I find this and how do I get to it???
peter After the seat has been removed, top needs to be lifted from the transmission case. It is large and heavy enough to need a come-along. Believe it or not, the hydro oil screen in in there. Not likely it has collapsed, though it may be dirty.
Don't recall how/where to drain the oil. Disconnect a line should work.

Dan Thanks,you hit the nail on the head. When I got into the resevoir I found the screen full of gunk and had collapsed and was full of creamy mud like oil. After I cleaned the thing up and repaired the filter and filled it with oil. It runs like it it new.. Thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: