SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

International 300 Utility Hydraulic system

Dan I got this tractor last fall, it's a great tractor. When I shut it off last winter all worked great. When I started it up last week the hydraulic s didn't work. Hard to beleave the pump went out over the winter. Is there a filter in the system and could it be collapsed or plugged. And where is it???
mike There is a screen in the resevour under the seat. Is the level correct? Maybe you lost prime, some get flow going again using some air pressure ti the fill plug.
Dan Terry I have just ordered the operators manual for this tractor. I need to drain the hydraulic fluid out of the resevoir and can not find a drain plug, or do I just disconnect a line. Also the metal screen or filter under the seat. Where do I find this and how do I get to it???
peter After the seat has been removed, top needs to be lifted from the transmission case. It is large and heavy enough to need a come-along. Believe it or not, the hydro oil screen in in there. Not likely it has collapsed, though it may be dirty.
Don't recall how/where to drain the oil. Disconnect a line should work.

Dan Thanks,you hit the nail on the head. When I got into the resevoir I found the screen full of gunk and had collapsed and was full of creamy mud like oil. After I cleaned the thing up and repaired the filter and filled it with oil. It runs like it it new.. Thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):