SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1066 injection pump

Roy Helton How do you get the top to come off of the IH American Bosch injector pump? Mine is leaking out the cover where the fuel lines for the injectors hood on. Went by the Case-IH dealer and picked up the oil ring/seals for top and bottom. They said to unhook the lines, take the center nut off, 4 allen screws, and the cover would pull off. It will twist back and forth but not come off.
jim There is more to it than that. You need to take the triangle shaped cover off the side, then look for timing mark inside, align it, remove two screws holding gov link onto control spool. Then pull it out, noteing the little tang on end that inserts into control sleeve. Then the head will come out to replace o-ring. You may very well have a groove worn in head where o-ring seals so it will still leak anyway. Reinstalling the control spool into sleeve is tricky, it must be with dot up and after installing must be able to rotate a full 360 degrees or a run a way could result. Might want someone with experience to look into this for you.
the pump guy sc I GOTTA CALL BS on that one..They wanted to sell you a pump!! I built them at the factory in SC for a living..
You have to TIME THE PUMP FIRST..pull the side cover[4 flat head screws} and rotate your engine till the line comes around and LINES_UP w/ the "cast line" in the housing..Then cut the sealing wire holding the 2 flat head screws togather..Uncsrew them, BE CAREFULL and catch the spacers behind the plate..
CAREFULLY pull the "metering arm" out of the housing..{bet they didnt sell you THAT ORING}
NOW you can pull the head from the housing..
There are "specifics" going back togather..
Mail me if you get in trouble...

the pump guy sc JIM, You beat me to it..LOL..I saw the post, started to type and had to take the new puppy out..Came back, finished-up and sent..GOOD JOB, BTW
I forgot to mention the GROOVED{WORN OUT}housing..MOST RESPECTABLE DEALERS WOULD NOT HAVE SOLD HIM THE PARTS..W/O AN EXPLINATION..Hence the BS portion of my post.
AMBAC, as its called now..DOES SELL REMAN housings..NOT to individuals, but dealers..
HELL, send me the pump, I'll fix it..TPG

chad reiniche I just swapped engines in a 1066 for a friend. The old engine had a mechanical shutoff, the new engine came out of a combine and has an electrical shut off i wired it up and put in a new key switch and i've had the engine running once. the problem is now though the solenoid is engaging theres no fuel going through the pump. i can hear fuel flowing back into the tankthrough the return line when i pump the primer.
Steve Booth Could you send the info on putting it back together? I have the same problem and need to put seals on the head. Thank you
Steve
mustang35446@hughes.net

charles shultz i am putting a pump off a 1066 and putting it on a moline gvi, need to know where the lines come in to the head of pump also the little pump too thanks for you time
Cobus Were can i find a kits for that pump with a head thanks cobus in south africa
Phillip Webb Needing parts for Lucas cav injection pump and some suggestions

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: