SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

international 424 pto clutch

Robert Barber I need to adjust my pto clutch on my international 424. It won't let me put my pto in gear anymore. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks for your help
Jon Michel Have a few questions.

1. Are you able to engage the pto when the engine is not running?
2. Are you feeling both releases when you push in the clutch pedal?
3. Is the clutch pedal adjust correctly?
4. Does it grind when you trying to engage the pto?

If you can answer so of these, it will give me a better idea where to go to help you.

Jon

Mark Clutch doesnt release PTO. grinds when I try to engage PTO.
Thankyou

Curt I am having the exact same problem. When I started diagnosis I adjusted the clutch because I was having trouble engaging the transmission gears. Once I completed the adjustment, transmission grinding went away and changed easily. But now I can get the PTO into position because of grinding. Someone above posted these questions so I figured I'd answer them in regards to my problem and see if anyone can give me some help. Thanks
1. Are you able to engage the pto when the engine is not running? Yes, then crank it up to do the job.
2. Are you feeling both releases when you push in the clutch pedal? Yes, I think so and adjusted the clutch with beginning play, then clutch then PTO.
3. Is the clutch pedal adjust correctly? I think so.. Maybe not.
4. Does it grind when you trying to engage the pto? To the point that I cant get it to engage.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: