SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

fire crater piston

Allen Rush Rebuilding a C175 engine. How are the fire crater pistons positioned in the engine block? There are no markings on the pistons to indicate front or back. These are Red Power parts. Thanks, Loafersglory
John M Look at the head and how it mounts to the block, should be pretty easy to fiqure out, Id think.
Allen Rush It may be easy for you. I want to be positive I get it right the first time.
John M OK, Ill try and make it even easier. The raised area should be on the distrubtor side of the engine. The head has a hollow section on the sdie where the spark plug goes in, the raised area of the piston will only go on that side. Make sence now!?
Allen Rush I thought that was how they went, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you for the info. Allen

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: