SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3160 Series Mower deck

Don Need center spindle housing and shaft
John M Good luck! Might want ot check over on Yahoo at the Cub Cadet board. (154, 184, 185) There are tons of guys over there with that mower on their LoBoy. Might also try JP Tractor salvage, they may have a junked deck with the spindle still there. Whats wrong with yours?
Don The mounting flanges broke off of the housing and the shaft threads are worn off (boogered up) from the blade becoming loose. Plus I dont know how to get the shaft out of the housing now.Do you have a IP for the yahoo site?
John M http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ihcubloboyseries/

Ill check back tonite to see if the link stays on here. If not Ill email it to you.

don John, I found the site and I am just waiting to get confirmed by the big guy
John M Hopefully someone there can help you.
Don John,
I stopped to see a buddy of mine who is pretty good at solving these problems.
He said he can weld that casting and he will build up the shaft with weld and then recut the threads on the lathe.He is very knowlegable about these kind of problems and said he knows how to get the shaft out.
Hopefully, I can save a few bucks. Thanks for all your help. I cant post on that yahoo site until the owner approves me and I am still waiting.

John M That what I ended up having to do. I got one from a guy on that sire, and it wasnt much better than what I had. My brother is a machinist and took it to work with him and fixed me up. There are no factory parts for these made, everyone is changing to the Woods mower on them, just about as cheap as keeping the 3160 up. I have one on my 154, but it will be coming off vefore too much longer, the 154 is retiring next year for "parade" duty.
Don John,
Spoke to my buddy today and he said he got it apart and was working on it.

I finally got approved on the yahoo site and found a very good deatiled picture of the internal parts that a good fellow posted and I printed it ot and took it to my buddy.

Thanks for recomending that site to me.

I had posted a question as to how to remove the grease seals and another got right back to me.

I will let you know how it works out and I will send you a picture if I can when I get it back.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: