SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

firing order for super A farmall

Joe Meherg Ok my neighbor has a super A his other neighbor has been working on in, it has no power it wont go a 2 foot high hill. I pulled the # 1 plug set the the distributor andI reset the points to 17.000 they were set at about 16 teen of a inch. Now I got it pulling up a hill but my power is way down, now do I loosen the that holds the cap or the hole piece. Let me say thanks up front for any help.
John M I dont understand, you moved the distributor, but you want to know how to move the distributor, OR you want to know if you moved it inthe right place Should be two little clamps held in place with a 1/4" bolt. Thats what you move, unless its a mag, and moving it is done at the base of the mag via 2 bolts, but its not going to make much of a difference.
mrnrtdy 1342 You have to loosen both bolts so you can turn the whole distributor. The timing mark is on the edge of the flywheel and you see it threw the inspection plate on the bottom of the tractor. Usually hard to find.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: