SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Farmall 560 hydraulic problem

Jim My Dad's 560 loader works, but the bucket bleeds down constantly and was wondering what might be the probable cause. I can not find any visible leaks and was wondering if there might be a seal that needs replacing in the hydraulics somewhere?
Leon Sounds like worn out cylinder packings. If you have quick disconnects pick the bucket up and disconnect them, if the loader still goes down then it's definitely your cylinder packings.

-Leon

Hugh MacKay Jim: I agree with Leon, if disconnecting the hoses stops the problem then it has to be control valve on tractor. Having said that, 98% of the time it will be in the cylinders.
Jim The loader has 2 cylinders so I was suspecting it might be something else. How likely is it that both cylinders are bad?
Hugh MacKay Jim: Oil is going to flow the easiest course. You really have to check both cylinders to be sure. The bypass leak could be equal in each cylinder, or it could all be happening in one cylinder.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: