SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Will a F-12 Front end work on a H

Matt Kaiser I have a Farmall H on Steel in rear and need it up front. I have alot better luck finding it for the F-12 than the H. From pictures it looks like it may work but dont have one to compare.
Leon If you're talking about a narrow front end, no it won't bolt up, but, you can make an adapter to make it fit. The F-12 was closer in size to the C than the H. If it's a wide front I would have to guess that you would need to make at least 2 adapters to get that to fit. But as for just bolting it on and going...nope.

-Leon

John M What exactly are you talking about, the front end or the wheels?
Matt The tractor is a narrow front and making the adaptor wouldnt be a problem thanks. The other question I was wondering if F-20 or Regular wheels go on a H front end? That would be easier.
John M Im still not following you on what youre calling a narrow front, but will try to explain. Narrow front to me is dual front wheels, and if you have that now, then you dont need to replace it to use rubber tires. If you have a tricylce front, which is one wheel, the one from an H will not work as is. I do know one guy who put F20 front rims on the 12 tricycle front end, but it cost a smal fotune in bearings, and the crank would not turn completely. If you need a single front, tricycle set up. I have one!
Matt Thanks for all the help and this is a narrow front. The other question I had is if you could take a f-12 or a f-20 narrow front end and put the wheels off the front end on a H narrow front end? I have only seen 1 H set of steel wheels for sell but you had to buy the front and rear for $ 1500 and not gonna pay that. Nothing else ill make a adapter for the front end and be happy. Thanks

John M Nope, there will not be enough spacing at the bottom of the wheels to get them to fit all the way on the hubs. They look the same, but arent. Where are you located?
Matt Located in Cape Girardeau MO 63701

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: