SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

International Harvester windrower model 201

Dave I I am looking for any info reguarding this swather. Manual numbers, parts numbers, yaers produced, etc. anything available wouls be greatly appreciated. The one I just bought has a problem with the cutting bar breaking near the pivot point. Possible causes, what to correct it?
Please help.
Dave

david s hovda your berring hub bolt on the sickle is too loose it should not be over 10 thousand over, just enough for a 30 degree heat build up on using in tough grass hay or stemmy alfalfa. I remember welding a 1/4 inch bar strap around the pivot berring, and that fixed it. that 201 was a fine swather, I wish I had it back. had to sell it in 92. I went broke after the cattle or dairy buyout of the 80s fame. lost 152 though in 350 head of cattle whith that insider trading of Hilary Clinton and her insider trading DEm govenors of 1980. Still paying off those loses as the IRS says you cannot deduct farming losses after 5 yrs and 3 though a year Happy retirnment succor!!!
david s hovda Not only the dairy bonanza of the early 80s fame. but the grain storage of 12 billion bu of corn and 8.5 bill of wheat, was eventually given away, when called up or in by the taxpaying public of 1988. the western corn belt got scrued,because of the tit for tat trading wars of the western world at that time, before NAfta and cafta era, you tarrif me and I will tarrif you!!! guess who won and who lost that war!!! the big grain traders saw this coming and litteraly stole the whole 12 billion bu for some $1.25 a bu. this new gereration of farmers should put this in there tank and remember this Stalingrad when paying $10,000 an acre for land in the western corn belt. !!!!
PS I never could understand why such a huge surplus of food should be such a bain for the consumer!! It saved some three trillion dollars of inflation a year for 2 cents on the dollar!!! some bargin/!!

ron I have an international 201 harvester and i got starter rebuilt also has new silonoid, also changed the sending unit and i still cant get it to turn over even tryed a new battery what else could it be please help

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: