SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

antifreeze in the oil pan

Carl Hi,
I have a 656 gas. I had a problem earlier starting the tractor so I installed new plugs.

The tractor started right up and after a very short run the oil breather tube blew oil and a watery sludge all over. I stopped the tractor and decided to drain the oil and replace the oil. When I removed the drain plug antifreeze came pouring out, about 1 gal or better, and then the oil.

Is this possibly a cracked block or maybe just a head gasket issue?

It did have some white smoke at the start up but cleared after about 5 minutes.

Thanks

Leon Since that is a dry sleeve engine, it's most likely to be a blown head gasket or cracked cylinder head. Still could be a cracked block but that is uncommon on those engines.

White smoke is most likely from the engine being overfilled because of the added antifreeze.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: