SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

farmall M rear end fluid and hydraulic fluid

Chris I have a 1946 Farmall M I need to change the rear end fluid but don't know where or what type of fluid. Also what type of hydraulic fluid and this tractor has power steering added but unsure of this fluid as well My service manual was 35.00 that was wasted any help out there Thanks Chris
John M Drain is below PTO, fill is beside the gearshift, square holed plug. 80/90 gear oil is fine for the tranny. I wont comment on the hydraulic, other than to say the drain for thre Liftall is on the bottom of the liftall unit. Its up to you to find out how its all plumbed with the PS, and let us know how its plumbed in. There are several different version out there. You liftall, if thats all it is, should hold 6 quarts ND engine oil, 30wt. But if the PS usues this same oil in the liftall, the Hytran would be a better option.
Chris John, thanks for responding and I will try to get at it this weekend. Maybe you should consider writing your own upkeep and maintenance Farmall book there are not many out there that are worth anything. I am cautious to put fluids in my tractor that were not in production yet the stuff was not engineered for it-- I feel
Thx Chris

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: