SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH Farmall C Plow

Jay I recently bought a IH Farmall C and it came with a 2 bottom pull plow, that mounts to the bottom and rear of the tractor with no hydro. I was wondering how I could determine the model to get a parts book for it and how much it is worth?
Hugh MacKay Jay: How could you do that? All Farmall C tractors had hydraulics and all Farmall C mounted plows were lifted by those same hydraulics.

You must have a plow off an A, B, F-12 or F-14, and trying to mount it on a C.

Jay Sorry Hugh, The tractor that it was mounted on, the Farmall C had no Hydraulic Section and there are only hard mounting brackets on the axles, no fast hitch or such. That is why I am looking for help as to determining the correct model, mounting and hook up for operation on another C.
Hugh MacKay Jay: Is this a mold board plow?
Jay Yes it is a double mo board simular to the single or double pull behind that go on my quick hitch but it mounts in to the middle of the tractor and has no quick hitch on this tractor just ridge mount to the axles.
Hugh MacKay Jay: Your talking about the non fast hitch plow, pulled by a frame down from torque tube and clutch housing. It's lifted by a rockshaft just above the PTO, and operated by a pull rod going from the rear rockshaft to rockshaft on touch control hydraulics.

As I told you before there is no such thing as a non hydraulic mounted plow for a C or SC. If you have a hand lift plow it must have come from an A, B or one of the old F series. That being the case, you'll never get it to work right on a C or SC.

Don Could you show some pictures of the parts on the tractor to aid me in mounting the 2 bottom plow?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: