SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

FARMALL 450 HYD PROBLEM

scotty keyser when i first start the tractor it will run fine the if i try and turn the wheel it gets and awful noise and i assume the hyd oil controls the power steering on it and i know it is low on hyd because it takes it some time for it to respond when i pull or push on the lever and after about 15-25 secs it responds and lifts the hitch up
my question is does the amount of hyd fluid matter for the power steering to work?

Hugh MacKay Scott: First place I'd look would be hydraulic filter, probably needs a new one. If the hydraulic oil looks milky or saturated with water, change it for new. That failing look to the pump for your problem.
John M Would you expect the engineto run very long without the proper amount of oil in it? Fill the hydraulics to where they are suppose to be, and then try it.
scotty keyser the engine runs and everything works just fine i just need to kno how to check the hyd level and wat and how much fluid it would take

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: