SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH B275 glow plugs

Peter Kirkdale I have just installed new glow plugs and a continuity test indicates power from source to ground but tractor does not start except with starting fluid. Does anyone have a schematic or rough drawing for the plugs ? Thanks
Henry Sounds like the fuel system is losing it's prime. Check filters, lines and suchlike for leaks and/or being loose.
Bruce Moore Where did you get the glow plugs? I have a B275D also and am rebuilding it now. Also, I am trying to find out what kind of seat came on it and where to get one. My B275 was a 1959.

Thanks

Bill Can someone help me understand how the glow plugs
in a I/H B414 diesel works?? It does not make any
sense how they can heat when the top is grounded
and no other wire is there. The threads and base are insulated from the rest of the plug HELP!!
HELP!!

rich4 First Peter, does it smoke out the exhaust when trying to start, it should. Give the glow plugs enough time to heat up. Starting fluid should be used sparingly. Solve the fuel problem first.

Bill, unless your tractor has a positive ground system, The top should not be grounded and the plug should be attached to the head metal to metal. Try a new post with your problem and someone should be able to help you.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: