SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

hydraulics on an 856 international

howard mills My tractor won't raise its 2 point or front loader. I have even gave the tractor full throttle thinking more power will make the hydraulics work but it doesn't. I have put a new filter in it and changed the oil. Is it my pump not working? If it is the problem where is it located? I could use all the help i can on this.
jim First, does the power steering and pto work. If not, the splines on clutch backing plate have failed. They drive pto shaft and it drives two hydraulic pumps. One is for tractor controls, powers steering , brakes etc and the other is called hitch pump. It is located directly across from the hydraulic filter on opposite side of tractor. Could be relief valve also, which is located in seat support, easily removed from right side of support, has a 1 1/8 inch hex head, is about 3 inches long and can be identified as it has a screen in the end, may be another plug in same vicinity, just a plug. If there is another IH tractor of same vintage around you can try the relief valve from that tractor.
Rodney Owens Jim, Saw your answer to Howard Mills on hydraulics for 856. I have a 1256 and lift works but steering and brakes don't. the tractor has set up for about 1 1/2 years. Does your answer apply to the 1256 also? The steering worked when I parked the tractor 1 1/2 years ago.Thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: