SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

engine rpm

Mark Glenn I have a Farmall M which I'm trying to set the correct low idle and high idle RPM of the motor. Can you tell me the easiest way to do this. Do I need a certain 4 cylinder tachometer, or what do you suggest. Thanks!
John M Im sure the correct way to do it is out there somewhere, Ive just never seen the procideure, but some places carry a tach that will attach to the distributor/ magneto to tell you the rpms. I use this thing my Dad had to check the rpms on the pto andadjust from that until I have between 550 - 570 rpms.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: