SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bleeding hydraulics

Charles i replaced a o-ring on the swing arm cylinder on a international harvester 4314 and i need to bleed the hydraulic lines ..what is the easiest way..out riggers and swing arm wont this a standard o-ring?
Hugh MacKay Charles: You don't need to bleed a hydrailic system. Just work the cylinder full stroke about a dozen times and any air will come back to the reservior and exhaust through the breather.
Charles the o-ring that blew out looks flat sided instead of completely this a different type o-ring? could that keep the fluid from circulating properly?
Charles thanks for the help Hugh...everything is working fine again.
Hugh MacKay Charles: You are talking about a tractor-backhoe I'm not familiar with. When I responded about your air problem, I was quoting the solution for removing air from any hydraulic system.

If you go to a site called CaseIH parts online, you should be able to see this O ring, however I doubt if detail will be good enough to tell whether O ring is round or flat sided. It may require a trip to the dealer.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):