300 Utility fast hitch

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

300 Utility fast hitch

Peter Taylor Just bought a 300 utility. Never had a fast hitch before, this is all new to me.

1] What is the best way to convert to 3-point hitch for existing implements? Does the hitch get converted or the implements?

2] Does the fast hitch ram have down pressure?

Thanks. Peter

Hugh MacKay Peter: I guess your not the Peter Taylor I know, his dad had a 350 utility with fast hitch.

I'm basically a Farmall guy and those Utility fast hitches, while similar are a bit different. That said, all 300s have a switch over pin in the control valve to change it from single action to double action. Double action will give you down pressure.

You can buy hitch forks that go in the fast hitch socket, that have a hitch ball for 3 point on the end or you can buy blank forks and weld on a ball. I have a set of those blank forks if interested.

Above you pto the should be some 5/8" drilled and threaded holes. You can fabricate a plate with top link hook up to bolt to those. If you need more info, click on my name in the posting, and an e mail form will come up addressed to me.

peter Taylor Thanks for the helpful reply.
Both my steering pitmans are welded, but apparently at wrong angles, since the wheels turn at different angles. Do you know a source for replacements?
Peter

Hugh MacKay Peter: Here is where you loose me, Utility steering is completely different from a Farmall. I know very little about Utility steering except what I hear on discussions. What I hear on discussions about Utility steering is they a very expesive to fix and hard to find parts.
Farmsome Congrats! That is a handy little tractor. Ours is a 350 Utilitiy.We have bands going around the rocker arm for the top link. We also have an adapter that has a place for a top link built in. You usually use a very short top link, we just put a bolt directly through and leave our bale fork on it. As for the steering pitman, they go on a splined shaft. Check where they are welded. Otherwise, is there enough adjustment in the tie rods to straighten them out? BTW, take care of the hydraulics. Hugh is right, they are expensive and hard to find parts for.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: