model identification

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

model identification

Jim Hillhouse I purchased at auction what was purported to be a 1066, but all my neighbors, who know more than me about IHC, all claim it's really a 1466. The serial number plate, which is normally on the left side of the clutch housing is on the right side, and there is no model number stamp. The serial number is 2650134, but that seems to apply to both 10's and 14's. There are no decals on the new sheet metal, and the engine has no number that I can find. There's only a 1000 PTO and the hitch is cat 3. How can I positively identify this tractor model?
MGS Look on the engine for a model and serial stamped on it. There should be a flat spot on the casting on the side of the engine. The model will be something like DT436T or DT414T

If I recall correctly, the 1466 had a 436cuin motor and the 10 had a 414 cuin motor. Both had a turbo.

The single 1000 rpm pto does suggest a 14 but some 10's came that way too. The engine model will tell the story.

Jim Hillhouse Thank you. I did locate a flat spot below the air intake manifold that was stamped 436 TT......... I'm assuming now that the 1066 I purchased just became a 14. That's a good thing? Thank you again.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: