Intl. 444 bleeding fuel system

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Intl. 444 bleeding fuel system

Ryan Meade When bleeding injection pump (CAV), should you get same amount of fuel out of bottom and top vent plugs. Bottom is steady stream, top just enough to run down side of pump and slow drip.
I bled three times, tractor ran for 5 seconds and stopped.
I have taken lines loose at injectors and cranked engine several times over the past few days, until battery dies.
I keep getting bubbles, only one line will squirt fuel when cracked.

ken I am not a tractor pro..but I just experienced same problem on my 424 diesel. I found the bottom bleed had alot more pressure than the top. I also used the bleed screw ontop of my fuel filter housing. In addition, I loosened the fuel lines going into the injectors..I had to crank alot..ended up putting the charger on my battery on 50 volt start. I got it started last night, It seemed like it took alot of cranking.
Hope this helps.

Richard Parker I am having the same issue. I replaced the fuel filter and have been having issues getting the air out of the system. Tractor ran 5 minutes one time and 3 minutes the other. Do both bleed screw at injector pump and the one on top of the filter all have to be loosened at the same time when bleeding the system?
rick I have had this problem many times. the best way is to get another tractor to pull you in hi range and 4th gear. and it hill start.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: