International 444 parts

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

International 444 parts

Barney I'm looking for a ''Glow Plug Resistor'' for a International 444 Diesel.

Barney

Hugh MacKay Barney: Anything to do with glow plugs for any IH tractor, I'd go directly to CaseIH. If there is not one near you, send me an e mail, a few of them do business online.
BigT The stock loop type glow plugs that come in the IH 444 can be a major pain and you MUST run a resistor type coil between the button/switch and the glow plugs. The reason being is that the glow plugs operate on 9 volts and not the 12 volts that comes off the button/switch. The 12 volts will cook the loop type glow plugs that come in the 444. Now here is my fix that works like a dream and will eliminate all problems forever.
Bosch makes a glow plug that came in a Mercedes Benz. Bosch part # 80035, This is a pencil type glow plug which will far outlast a loop style. Bosch has this glow plug listed as an 11 volt plug but do not sweat that. These new glow plugs will not run in series meaning if one does burn out the other three will still work. Install is simple, easy and quick.
Remove all the old glow plugs. Save the ceramic insulators and the copper ground wires as they are hard to come by and you never know when you might need them at a latter time. Remove the ground wire that goes from the last glow plug to the block and discard. Install the new Bosch glow plugs and make jumper wires that goes from one plug to the next. Connect the main feed wire to the first plug, install the retaining nuts and wa-la you are done. You do not need an additional ground wire as the tractor’s block will act as the ground.
You will be so happy with this set up that you make get your wife to bake me a cake. ( I LOVE FOOD!) J
I hope this helps!
Big T
Facebook: Pear Orchard Farms

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ International Farmall Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: