SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

international 340 utility hydralics

bob does the 340 have a hydralic filter and if so where is it located????
Hugh MacKay Bob: 340s had two different hydraulic systems as options. One had the pump in the torque tube, and it was behind a 3/4" plate with a pressure line to hydraulic unit, filter is behind a second 3/4" plate with no exterior plumbing attached.

The other hydraulic system has the pump just below the distributor drive, and driven off timing gears. I'm not sure if this system uses the transmission as the reservoir. If it does the filter would be behind the same plate, however this one may have external plumbing as oil must get from filter to suction side of pump.

In all hydraulic systems, oil flow runs from filter to pump, thus if you have the timing gear driven pump, and I'm not right about filter the follow the large plumbing from the pump. Filter will be near the opposite end. Large plumbing is always suction by pump, small line is pressure line back to the system. Come back if you have questions. The 340 being about the only tractor with two hydraulic systems, makes it difficult to answers questions on, until you know which system. I know the system I mentioned in the first paragraph quite well. Near as I can tell in discussion that timing gear pump system is a cross between 140-240 hydraulics and 460-560 hydraulics. If the filter part is 140-240 then it could be hard to find on a 340. Some of the earlier Utilities had the filter on the inside of the transmission top. One hell of a spot to put something that needed regular service. Just glad I never owned one of those. I expect by the time 340 came along, IH had received enough complaints, filters were not being installed under transmission top. Come back if you don't find it, let me know if you do. Someone is bound to ask again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: