SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

IH 574 serial number and suffix

Chris I have a IH 574 gas with a 6 digit serial # starting with 138... and a suffix of BSX. What does it mean and what year is it? THANKS
Nick Best Hi there. The number you are quoting is the for the Skidded Unit, this plate is near the starter motor. The B tells you it is the fast speed gearbox (22mph), the S is the 14:51 bevel gear ratio and the X is the 611, 614, or 642 rev/min, single or dual speed PTO. The Tractor serial number is probably in the cab on the transmisssion tunnel on the left hand side. 7 numbers, letter, 6 numbers (I think).
Thomas I just bought a tractor I-574 and the guy didnt know what year it was and i think the serial number is 251005u002256. Wondering if somebody could help me out?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: